Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:32:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brad Killebrew <brad@n5uh.tech.uh.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question.

excerpt from FAQ:

7.7. FreeBSD 2.0 panics with ``kmem_map too small!''

   Note The message may also be ``mb_map too small!''

   The panic indicates that the system ran out of virtual memory for
   network buffers (specifically, mbuf clusters). You can increase the
   amount of VM available for mbuf clusters by adding:

   options "NMBCLUSTERS=<n>"

Question:

Does the above kernel config option work with 2.1.7?  If not,
what's the equivelant configuration option for 2.1.7?  I need
to increase mbufs.  (I run irc.phoenix.net on EFnet and regularly
have more than 1500 clients connected to the server daemon)

Also, I get a warning that maxusers is set higher than 64.
Is it ok if it's set at 300 or 500 ?

thanks.

--
Brad Killebrew  brad@uh.edu

The only thing more frightening than a programmer with a
screwdriver or a hardware engineer with a program is a user
with a pair of wire cutters and the root password.