Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:28:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Protius <protius@bobdbob.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/33715: bktr driver in full frame, continuous capture dosn't send interupts

>Number:         33715
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       bktr driver in full frame, continuous capture dosn't send interupts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System:
FreeBSD zarquon.bobdbob.com 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #2: Sat Jan  5 14:13:08 EST 2002     protius@zarquon.bobdbob.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/ZARQUON  i386

In packed yuv mode, continuous capture, full frame (interlaced), bktr
never sends the frame complete signal.  Or if it does, it is only by
some odd combination of just the right image size and even/odd field.
>How-To-Repeat:

I have some extremely poorly written video capture code at:
http://www.bobdbob.com/~tjohnson/software/video.tgz

Unfold that, run make in video/video, and then run:

videocat tmp.ppm 720 480 4000 128 128 0

Correct operation is to generate a sync error message every
333 frames, and rapidly fill your harddisk with video.  It
should fail.

The command:

videocat tmp.ppm 352 240 4000 128 128 0 foo

will capture only a single field, and should succeed.

>Fix:

I have put a new version of bktr_core.c at
http://www.bobdbob.com/~tjohnson/software/bktr_core.c

The change is to the logic for deciding if both fields have been captured.
I also made some cosmetic changes to the code which generates the risc
program.