Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:11:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        Robert Wise <rob@flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp server

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Robert Wise wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a guide to setting up FreeBSD as a PPP
> server.  If there is could you please let me know where to find it.  If
> there isn't one could you tell me which man pages would help me out.

	yes.  the man page for ppp(8) details setting up iijppp as a ppp
server (answers), a ppp client (originates), ppp callback (in an example
conf file).  you must have the tun device in your kernel.  you will need
one for each ppp connection.  you will also need a sio device for each
connection.  (look thru the output of /sbin/dmesg).   you will need the
tun devices in /dev as well as the cuaa devices (ppp client) and ttyd
devices (ppp server).

	then just follow instructions on the man page.

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346