Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:43:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MailBomb

In reply:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 1997 at 01:01:54AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >     Does anybody know how to make a good mailbomb? I want to know how
> > > this thing really works!!!
> >
> > Yeah, it's really easy.  You just post a truly stupid message to some
> > large mailing list, say one belonging to the FreeBSD Project, saying
> > "hey, does anyone know how to make a good mailbomb?"
> >
> > You'll probably get several in response, thus showing you exactly how
> > to do it by direct example!
> >
> > 					Jordan
> >
> > P.S. For the next stage in your education travel to Sri Lanka, find a
> > group of Tamil rebels lounging around with their assault rifles and
> > yell: "Hey, do any of you idiots actually know how to shoot those
> > things?"
> >
> > It's basically the same question as this one, just on a bigger
> > scale. ;-)
>
> freebsd-hackers seems to evolve to a trapdoor or fleatrap for evil planning
> minds in the Internet. Maybe we should cc: www.fbi.gov ? :->

well, that won't guarantee that anything will be done...

Cc: president@whitehouse.gov, jreno@usdoj.gov, lfreeh@fbi.gov

L. J. Freeh had an interesting computer crimes speech in NY, NY on
Feb 4th, available at www.fbi.gov...

this should attract some attention...

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or