Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:44:20 GMT
From:      vwe@FreeBSD.org
To:        maxy0440yxam@yahoo.it, vwe@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/116315: /sbin permission

Synopsis: /sbin permission

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: vwe
State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 8 17:37:11 UTC 2008
State-Changed-Why:
no feedback received for quite some time -> so closing this as it does not contain information to work on.

Massimo,

if you think your problem is still an issue, please provide more information and we'll reopen this ticket.
I'm wondering if you think /sbin shouldn't be world readable? It has been that way ever and even if a user may execute a binary, the kernel will check users' permissions (ie: you can't initate a shutdown just by having execute permission on /sbin/shutdown).