Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:33:18 +1100 (EST)
From:      eodyna <eodyna@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: 5.3RC2 and usb keyboards install problems

--0-1843737672-1099877598=:92513

thank-you all

but i figured it out.

sorry to disturb you.

thanks

Note: forwarded message attached.

---------------------------------

--0-1843737672-1099877598=:92513

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:18:05 +1100 (EST)
From: eodyna <eodyna@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: 5.3RC2 and usb keyboards install problems
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--0-439508248-1099876685=:89266

Hi there,

Work recently purchased a Dell gx280. I orignally installed 5.2.1 and had problems with drivers. It was kindly mentioned that i should install 5.3 to help with these problems. I was also informed about problems with usb keyboards on boot/startup.

Ive tried to have a look on google and couldn't come up with any solutions. I have tried to install 5.3 (from cd) however, sysinstall doesn't respond at all, on any of the options i choose to boot from. The BIOS doesn't have an option for keyboard for me to make changes. dmesg output before the sysinstall screen says "atkdb0 [GIANT-LOCKED]".

I dont know how to set " set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"" if i cant access the keyboard, and the OS isn't installed for me to make any changes.

apologies for my ignorance and confusion.

if someone can point me in the right direction and or help me, id be very grateful.

thank-you in advance.

ams

[...]

   Find local movie times and trailers on [1]Yahoo! Movies.