Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:07:29 -0800
From:      "Guerry Semones" <gsemones@treenleaf.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: loading of libverify.so reports undefined symbol

Many thanks for your help!  We have a wrapper class doing our
dynamic loading, and I was using RTLD_LAZY by default.  Doh!

Using the call:

     dlopen("libjvm.so", RTLD_NOW|RTLD_GLOBAL)

did the trick!

Much better than having to statically link all that stuff in....

Thanks again,

Guerry (who now knows more about dlopen than ever :-)

From: Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Date:  Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:35:35 +0200

>Which options to dlopen() you're using ?
>
>I'd suggest to play with dlopen()'s options (like RTLD_NOW or
RTLD_GLOBAL)

>On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:25:12AM -0800, Guerry Semones wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have a c++ application that is dynamically loading libjvm.so
>> instantiate the JVM and call java classes from C++.  Everything
>> compiles happily, but when run my executable, I get the
following:

>> Can't load
>> library "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/libverify.so",
>> because /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/libverify.so:
Undefined