Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:47:44 -0500
From:      Isetr0 Savi <isetr0@sevicron.com>
To:        Carles G?mez Montenegro <carlesgo@mat.upc.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD 3.0 availability

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 10:25:04AM +0100, Carles G?mez Montenegro wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I am a telecommunication engineering student from UPC
> (Polytechnic University ofCatalonia). I am writing this mail to you
> because I would like to get the FreeBSD 3.0 version. I have been
<SNIP>
A question similar to this was recently posted to the forum at
freebsddiary.org.  The solution was to look at this webpage:
http://www.itworks.com.au/~gavin/FBSDsites.php3
Click on i386 releases available, then on 3.0-release, and you'll see
a list of servers which have this release.

>         I would also like to ask two more questions:
wonderful! :)

>         1) If some software runs correctly on FreeBSD 3.0, can I install
> it on an upgraded FreeBSD version without any problems?
I don't know the answer to this one, but my guess would be yes...

>         2) Which is the difference between the following:
>
>                         "3.4.-Release"
>                         "3.4.-Stable"
Take a look at the FreeBSD Handbook section 18.2.2
(http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/current-stable.html)