Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:16:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Suggested mod for gnome_upgradeXXX.sh

Hi,

During STAGE 2 you are portupgrading all of the external dependencies. The
problem I have is sometimes some of what it wants to upgrade are things
that either aren't as simple as a "portupgrade" (perl for example) or
things that I don't care to be on the bleeding edge of (nvidia
drivers).

What I personally did to stop it was wrote the ${external_list} to a
temp file, invoke vi on the file, and then feed a cat of that to the
run_portupgrade.

I was wondering if maybe in the future something like this might be
added. Right now my file has 153 items in it to start, and after I
pulled out everything I didn't think or want to be upgraded it ended
up to be 124 items. I'm not sure a "Do you want to upgrade devel/pcre (Y/N)"
would be appropriate, so not sure the best way to go about it.

		Thanks, Tuc