Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 2001 02:51:25 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Ty <infidel2112@home.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sblive installed, but no sound in 4.2

hi
everything you did seems right, i have an sb live working under fbsd 4.2.
maybe it helps if you do a MAKEDEV all in /dev after rebuilding the kernel
(as this should always be done after building a new kernel), before you do
a MAKEDEV snd0.

that's the only step i could imagine you forgot, as everything else is what
i did too, and my sound works very well under 4.2

regards
Andreas Ntaflos