Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:31:32 +0200
From:      Lauri J =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E4rvenp=E4=E4?= <lauri.jarvenpaa@students.turkuamk.fi>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   audio/rosegarden is rather antiquated

Audio/rosegarden is antiquated, like anthem and midimountain, and new
version would be desirable. But as it seems to need ALSA I guess it is
impossible.

Which brings me to a bit off-topic point:
Are there any MIDI sequencers in ports which would allow the use of
software MIDI synths, like fluidsynth or timidity? Or is there some way to
route /dev/midi(??) to a software synth. FreeBSD documentation doesn't
mention this.

In other words, are there any MIDI sequencers in the port tree that would
allow some audible playback in a form or another. Such sequencers would be
highly needed, both in software form and in hardware (MIDI in/out) form.

Cheers,
lauri j