Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:21:52 -0400
From:      Taso Lyristis <taso@lyrisoft.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Turbine (ant?) build problems

Max Khon wrote:

> we can't use 1.2.2 because JServ 1.1 has problems with 1.2.2 (linux)
> ("Resource temporary unavailable" error messages on start)
> and yes, I can compile turbine successfully with linux 1.2.2

This is most likely the same socket-related bug that I posted yesterday,
subject titled "Socket bug and workaround example for FreeBSD JDK
1.2.2".  As it turns out, my workaround isn't really good enough.
Anyway, I believe that the fix for this bug has to be within native code
since that's where the exception originates.  Trying to work around it
in java was silly.

Question: does any TCP/IP server socket code work at all under FreeBSD's
JDK1.2.2, without throwing "SocketException: Resource temporarily
unavailable"??