Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:45:32 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nForce2 RAID MCP (SATA) support?

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 11:32 pm, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:19:58 +0600 (NOVT), Maxim M. Kazachek
>
> <stranger@sberbank.sibnet.ru> wrote:
> > MCP 2 doesn't have ANY SATA support. MCP have 6ch codec, 2xATA133,
>
> I have the same (maybe, mine is 7N2 Delta2 Platinum) motherboard as his
> and it does has SATA support. Mine SATA is disabled in BIOS, which I
> don't have any SATA HD.
>
> =====================================
> ? nVIDIA nForce2 Gigabit MCP Chipset
> -	Integrated Ethernet MAC
> -	Integrated Hardware Sound Blaster/Direct Sound AC97 audio
> -	Ultra DMA 66/100/133 master mode PCI EIDE controller
> -	Supports USB 2.0
> -	Integrated SATA Interface

It is indeed integrated on this mainboard.  Just from looking at the chips
on the board, it appears that the Ethernet and SATA are both handled by the
same MCP2 chip.  I was surprised myself not to see a Silicon Image or
silicon image controller/BIOS when I booted it up.

I haven't yet had any luck with the onboard ethernet, even with the
net/nvnet port.  I guess that's what PCI slots are for.. :)

JN