Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 02:08:27 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        PTF <ptf@saber.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 source code

PTF wrote:

> I am looking for source code for the Bt848 to port to another system.
> The only code I know of is some old DOS stuff from Brooktree.

Which system are you thinking of as the work may have
been done already.

You can use the Bt848 on Microsoft Windows and many many Unix
systems for the PC.

Microsoft....
Windows 95/98 via video for windows API and your driver disc
Windows NT 4.0 via video for windows API and your driver disc.

Unix....
FreeBSD 2.2.5, 2.2.6, 2.2.7 and 3.0 releases
OpenBSD (port of FreeBSD driver in the current source tree)
NetBSD  (port of FreeBSD driver. email me for details)
BSDI    (port of FreeBSD driver. email me for details)
Linux 2.0.x/2.1.x (port of FreeBSD driver. email me for details)

Also for lunix
Linux bttv driver. Included in latest 2.1.x kernel.

On Unix, the FreeBSD based driver uses the same interface as the
FreeBSD/Linux Matrox Meteor frame grabber driver.

email me if you need more information.

Bye
Roger