Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 12:06:01 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Please check...

> >Hi folks
> >
> >I have just committed a change to su(1) to better integrate Kerberos
> >into it. BUT, this missive does not apply only to those of you with
> >Kerberos/eBones.
> >
> >The result of this change is that a user will not be prompted for
> >a password again if they get the Kerberos password wrong.
>
> What happens if your network is down to your kerberos server and your
> user.root instance has a different password than your local root account?
> How do you know which password to give?

I fear in this situation you even can't enter su in your client machine.
It is especially bad on slip machine, because you need to enter
su password first time to dial to provider to become kerberos
client next. If it is so, please back out this change.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -