Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:58:35 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Igor Timkin" <ivt@gamma.ru>
To:        twohalf@dtd.peterstar.com (Stepan Kucherenko)
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, hostmaster@peterstar.net, hostmaster@ru.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD mirror (FTP, CVS) in Russia

Stepan Kucherenko writes:
> Good time of day.
> We want to place a FreeBSD mirror in our ftp, and create a cvsup mirror too.
> We have a servers and space on them to support it, and good channels to
> allow a mirroring.
> In Russia now a 2 mirrors.
> ftp.ru.freebsd.org, ftp1.ru.freebsd.org, ftp2.ru.freebsd.org,
> ftp4.ru.freebsd.org pointing to ftp.gamma.ru, and ftp3.ru.freebsd.org
> pointing to ftp.chg.ru.

There are some problems with ftp mirrors, so ftpX points to ftp.gamma.ru
(gamma.ru has several 100M international and local links to Moscow backbone).

No problem, write to hostmaster@ru.freebsd.org (and Cc to ivt@gamma.ru).

> Is
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-becomingoffi
> cial.html right ?
> Is there anything to do except described it this article ?
> And we want to see some statistical info about traffic loads, if any
> available.

ftp.gamma.ru has 1.5Mbits/sec average ftp traffic. During releases
traffic increase to 10M (average).