Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:15:30 -0000
From:      "Dominic Marks" <dominic_marks@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Win2k, FreeBSD, Small Home Network, Router

Ok,

I now have working network cards in both my Win2k box and my FreeBSD box
(thanks to all concerned). I have got a hub and cable and connected them up.
Good so far, I get green lights on the hub and it seems that both machines
setup a 10Mbps connection to the hub.

Next step: Getting them to connect. I assigned an IP address to my NIC on
FreeBSD (192.0.2.1) and the Win2k machine (192.0.2.2). Now is there anything
else I need to do? I haven't been able to establish a connection between the
two boxes in this way (tried pinging Win2k from FreeBSD and FreeBSD from
Win2k, no luck).

Could someone please help me identify the crucial stage I've missed in this
process.

Many Thanks
Dominic Marks