Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:11:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        asmodai@wxs.nl
Cc:        phantom@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, committers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: doc building breakage ... (solution?)

 * From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>

 * I am in doubt about `required' since I managed to build the port time
 * and time again on different platforms with different versions of FreeBSD
 * with using -O -pipe, -O2 -g -pipe, and -O2 -pipe.

How clean are those platforms?  Have you started from a vanilla
installation, or is your /usr/local riddled with stuff from ancient
years? :)

I can't build it on the package building cluster, which is as close to
a fresh install as it gets (the chroot directories are built from
bindists in snapshots at current.freebsd.org).  That usually means
there is something definitely wrong with the software.

Satoshi