Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:24:22 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        at@teaser.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dump problem

Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com> writes:
> We need to figure out whether this is going to go in pre-4.3 or not.
> My vote would be for it to do so since a number of people have
> complained about it yet the people who original brok^H^H^H^Himproved
> dump are strangely silent on the matter.

I'm pretty sure it was my patch that broke it
(src/sbin/dump/traverse.c rev. 1.12, MFC'd one day later to become
1.10.2.2).  As soon as I found out (via private e-mail from someone),
I came up with this patch and posted it to -audit.  Three days later
without a response, I filed a PR about it.  Would you rather I have
cross-posted it to a couple other lists?  In my experience, this only
serves to annoy people (I know it annoys me when others do it).  In
other words, it'd be nice to know just where the bullhorn is.

Regards,

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org