Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 23:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, mcs@vpm.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape's Atlas for FreeBSD Bombs

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > It's not expecting strict IEEE exception handling.  You should replace
> > > your libm with the GNU version.
> >
> > 	Hmmm, okay but would this slow down the machine since the CPU
> > already has the FPU built in...
>
> I'm surprised you have a problem.
>
> But the FreeBSD FPU is in spec, but not identical in behaviour to
> BSDI... specifically, exception handling, etc..
>
> I don't know if the new Netscape is using some strange crap or
> not -- one would not expect it to do floating point at all.

	One thing very interesting is with both Netscape 2.0 and Netscape 3.0
for BSDI is that it will only crash if you let it load the default homepage.
If I hit the open button and then clicked on stop, everything will be
fine.  I can even open the default homepage manually bu typing the
address in and it will work but clicking home will crash it.

Richard