Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:49:53 +0200
From:      Jochen Fahrner <freebsd@fahrners.de>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting on Mac

Hi,
booting FreeBSD on Mac is not really comfortable. A friend of mine
told me that Fedora installs "yaboot", that is a boot manager like
GRUB for Linux-i386. Isn't something like that available for FreeBSD
PPC?

If not, would it be possible to patch the FreeBSD bootonly CD to boot
the kernel from harddisc? I think this should be easy, but I cannot
find the right file where I can change the location of the kernel.

Leaving the boot CD always in the drive and pressing "C" on power on,
is always better than pressing "Opt-CMD-O-F" and entering cryptic
commands with a german keyboard that has some non-alphabetic
characters in the wrong place. :-(

Jochen