Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jinouye@cse.ogi.edu (Jon Inouye)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRQ assignment for PII motherboards

> We just received two machines using Pentium II motherboards
> (Intel PD440FX) with AMI BIOS 1.00.04.DT0.  The problem is the

The only suggestions I can make is don't buy Intel Brand motherboards,
they Intel OEMCO division thinks that what they have done is just dandy
and could care less that sharing interrupts is a bad idea for server
class machines, and/or specify Award BIOS's on all products ordered,
as the Award BIOS tends to be very good about not doing this, and
when it does do it you have enough control in the PCI/Pnp setup screen
to ``fix it''.

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD