Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:08:11 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broadcasting a talk

Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> wrote:

> I'm going to give  a talk on Netgraph on Wednesday
> and I was wonderring if anyone had suggestions about what could be done for
> broadcasting it on the net.

http://www.networkmultimedia.org/

It's on my list to port for a long time... maybe since 2 years. I didn't
tried it on FreeBSD yet, but the developers use it on Debian and it works
great. You can use VLC as a client.

Be prepared to wait a long time until it finishes compiling. They have
several compile machines in the computer graphics lab, and even with the use
of distcc they need several hours... I think it was 20 hours 2 years ago with
I think 8 Intel 2 GHz CPU's.

Bye,
Alexander.

Too much of anything, even love, isn't necessarily a good thing.
		-- Kirk, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6