Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:57:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bryan@gravy.homeunix.net>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new usb2 stuff

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Bernd Walter wrote:

> > Sorry I don't have more info at this time, I've been flooded at work
> > and haven't had the time to reproduce and create a core dump yet.
> >
> > Finally, I see no difference in speed between the 1.0 drivers and the
> > 2.0 drivers.
>
> I did testings with an ASUS SCB-1608-D drive and was able to see
> Datarates up to 3.5M while readings CDs.
> I don't know if this was the drive limit, or the limit of my test host.
> It was also possible to write CDRs faster than with USB1.1.

I don't know what happened between last night and tonight (besides a
cvsup and a new kernel), but I didn't have a panic, and my nightly
dump completed

  DUMP: DUMP: 2832388 tape blocks on 1 volume
  DUMP: finished in 931 seconds, throughput 3042 KBytes/sec
  DUMP: level 0 dump on Wed Apr 16 05:30:28 2003
  DUMP: Closing /dev/da0s1
  DUMP: DUMP IS DONE

As you can see, it only took about 15 minutes with USB 2.0, as opposed
to well over an hour to complete the dump with USB 1.0.

Thanks!

= Bryan D. Liesner            LeezSoft Communications, Inc. =
=                             A subsidiary of LeezSoft Inc. =
= bryan@gravy.homeunix.net    Home of the Gipper            =