Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2000 15:11:54 -0800
From:      manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.0-CURRENT install boot

i know this is going to be kinda repeditive, but until i learn where
www.freebsd.org has archives of messages from here, i'll have to ask
these stupid repeditive questions :P

OK, i'm trying to install 4.0-CURRENT on my DEC Multia (yea yea, laugh
it up). I'm using a serial console. Now, when i boot the installation
disk (off one of the hd's none the less), it switches back over to the
graphics console, and when it gets to asking which terminal type you
want (press 1,2,3,4), it doesn't recognize keyboard input anymore. I was
hoping it would all be over the serial console, so i could use the
keyboard on the other computer, but....... anyway, the kernel says it
finds an "atkbd0", implying an AT keyboard. I'm using a PS2 keyboard.
Would this have anything to do with it? In any case, is there anything i
can do about this? right before the terminal select (1,2,3,4) menu, it
says "/stand/sysinstall running as init on serial console".
this DOESN'T show up on my serial console... infact, NOTHING shows up on
my serial console, after it does the bootstrap. Can anything be done for
this?