Date:      Fri, 29 May 2009 18:35:27 +0200
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        Volker Lieder <vl@plusline.de>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Mirror for FreeBSD online

On Thu, 28.05.2009 at 11:08:02 +0000, Volker Lieder wrote:
> Hello List,
> we, Plus.line AG, have updated our FreeBSD-Mirror.
> Within this case we have setuped an IPv6-Address
> for the mirror.
> It is available via within the following protocols:
> http://ftpv6.plusline.net/FreeBSD
> ftp://ftpv6.plusline.de/pub/FreeBSD/
> rsync://ftpv6.plusline.de/FreeBSD
>
> Perhaps you can send us some feedback while testing IPv6

Hi Volker,

just ran a download test for the HTTP service, and while I get 11.2MB/s
using native IPv4, I only get peaks of 1.2MB/s using the IPv6 (via SiXXs
tunnel). I wish I had native IPv6 :)

Using FTP over IPv6 works fine, too. It seems even more "stable" than
the HTTP connection, which was bouncing between 600kB/s and 1.2MB/s
while FTP manages 900kB/s - 1.4MB/s

Cheers,
Ulrich Spörlein
--