Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:36:56 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3D software available

Amancio Hasty scribbled this message on Sep 2:
> Cool . I am looking or actually trying to persuade Precision Insight to provide
> yuv->rgb and scaling support on the X server so we too can fly with
> multimedia applications such as QuickTime Player and Real Audio's
> Q2 player both of which are available in Java / JMF and there
> other companies such as Instant Video Technologies who has
> an MPEG Java / JMF player --
> Thats part 1. Part 2 is to get hold of the codecs mpeg, real audio, etc...
>
> If you can help out on this area please let me know.

do you need yuv->rgb routines?? I reciently wrote some so that I can
do capturing in YUV9 and YUV12 and actually display the output...

the only problem is that the bt848 packs the data "incorrectly" because
of the way that it does the 422 stacking w/ the even/odd fields... it
doesn't impact the image much, but it is noticable... the only way
around this is to do 60fps, and double the hight of the image data...

I still am planning on writing a bt848 program to do continous capture..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson