Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:26:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Szymanski <brian.szymanski@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   supported parallel port card?

Hiya,

Please CC: me in any response. I need to install plip between two computers,
one of which has a working parallel port and one of which does not. I tried to
buy the digital research "drparepp1" card ($10), but looking at netstat -r
output it appears that packets go out but not in. Actually I tried this with
the cheaper digital research "bidirectional" card ($5), but received the same
results. Since the lp(4) manpage says that bugs are plentiful with cheap
parallel port cards, I'm wondering if someone can recommend a GOOD parallel
port card that they have set up to WORK with plip?

thanks for your time,
Brian Szymanski
bks10@cornell.edu
brian.szymanski@cornell.edu