Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 1996 05:03:49 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de
Subject:   Re: kernel compile

>As Werner Griessl wrote:
>>
>> Cannot compile current kernel because:
>>
>> ../../i386/i386/identcpu.c:42: opt_temporary.h: No such file or directory
>> *** Error code 1
>
>``Don't forget to make depend.''
>
>:-)
>
>(For those who don't understand the joke, the above reminder used to
>be spit out by `config' previously.)

I had a lot of trouble understanding the joke :-).  I think you meant
to write:

``Don't forget to run the clobbering version of config when changing
  options, since the non-clobbering version won't remove old options
  files so the kernel build environment won't be standard enough for
  testing in.''

Bruce