Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 17:48:21 -0400
From:      "M Gollihue" <mike@sassie.net>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD 4.9 on AlphaServer 1000a/400

Hello, all!

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.9 on an AlphaServer 1000a/400/256Mb. It
gets through the initial configuration just fine, however, upon getting =
the place where it attempts to download from FTP...it downloads the =
first 10
blocks of the distribution then stops. The error message on VTY2 says
"Attempt to write beyond the end of the drive."

I have a Mylex 960 card with two 9Gb drives attached, partitioned 6Gb
data/1Gb swap/1Gb temp. Anyone else experience this problem? The system
works fine under Red Hat.

I tried to load FBSD 5.2.1, but I get a machine bugcheck and it halts =
the
system. But that is for another day.

Thanks,
Michael Gollihue