Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:06:22 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        rsacrack@vex.net
Subject:   [RSAcrack] Effort seems to be slowing down...

	I wonder if the new binaries/servers will take this into
consideration, but the effort is slowing down, due to the fact that
its getting harder and harder to connect to the central server :(

	Looking at http://zero.genx.net/bill/summary.html, there
are 14060hosts participating, with an estimated "completion time" of
20.12years...

	This morning, it was something like 2.92years...

	  Average MK/sec since the beginning: 204.68
	Average MK/sec over the past 3 hours: 113.58

	They should try to work out some sort of distribution system,
whereby instead of everyone connecting to the one central server,
we could point at some secondary servers...shit, just give linuxnet.org
(@ 4407hosts) and best.net (@ 1714hosts) their own servers would take
a helluva load off of genx.net...

	Oh well, just some comments/observations...

	For those that *aren't* following the stats, though, we are in
10th place now...we're slowly creeping up...