Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:04:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Subject:   Q: about procfs

I'd like to know what will be the future of procfs on FreeBSD. Will it
provide more information about the system and the processes like it does
on Linux, or will I have to keep using kernel calls like the kvm_
functions? This question raises everytime I port a Linux application that
uses procfs to gain some pieces of system level information.

P.S.: A month ago or more I asked for on application which tracks the
cpuload the same way that top does, but its source code is much simpler so
I can learn how to do it. Finally I found that program, it's called
iostat.

Sebestyen Zoltan			It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@digo.inf..elte.hu			But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

					MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR