Date:      Mon,  8 May 95 00:43:57 PDT
From:      Simon Stegmaier <stegms@aalsdt2.ostalb.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation problems - Got stuck

Dear FreeBSD-team,

I've just bought the Walnut Creek CDROM 'FreeBSD 2.1 January 1996'. I had
some problems when I tried to install it. Please, could you help me?

I've made a boot floppy using 'makeflp.bat' since 'install.bat',
'inst_ide.bat' etc. didn't work (EMM386 error). Then I bootet my system
and at the 'Boot:' prompt I typed '-c' to configure my hardware. In the
visual editor I assigned my serial Logitech mouse - which is connected to
Com2 - the same port adress (0x2F8) and Irq (3) as Com2. But the editor
said '2 conficts' and so during the installion process my mouse didn't
work. Isn't it right to assign the same values to my mouse and the com
port it is connected to? (I also tried other com ports but the result was
the same!)
I used the MS-DOS utility 'msd.exe' to examine the values of my mouse and
the com ports so I think that the adresses and Irqs I typed in are ok
(MS-DOS and Windows work well with these settings!)

Please try to help me!

Thank you,

Simon

|Simon Stegmaier                |