Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        "freebsd hackers" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to explicitly disable use of clang in ports Makefile?

Greetings,
 I'm on RELENG_8, and RELENG_9, so don't have access to recent versions
of clang. I'm maintaing several ports, and I'm currently dealing with
one that fails with the use of clang. While I plan to update one of my
"dev boxes" to 11, and start working with clang. Until then, where
clang is concerned, I'm guessing, at best. So can anyone tell me how to
ensure that clang is never considered for making my port?
my CXX = g++.
My port builds, and installs flawlessly on anything <=9. But because
anything >=10 uses clang, by default. I'm failing on those. I've
had a look at /usr/ports/MK/Uses/compiler.mk. But can't seem to unwind
the conditional(s) for my use needs.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris