Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 1997 13:58:12 -0800
From:      axtjr@UAA.ALASKA.EDU
To:        FreeBSD Users Lists <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Proxy/Caching Services

Hello,
I'm running a P5/166, 32 Megs of RAM, 3 gig HD, NE2000 comp. NIC, running
FreeBSD 2.2.1. I have the apache web server, configured and running. Due
to bandwidth constraints, I was wondering if there is a software package
or a method that would allow popular web sites to be cached and updated on
a routine basis. Allowing my users to surf locally sparing my pathetic
inet connection for necessary network traffic. I'm not expecting to
download the entire WWW, but just popular sites and pages.

Any Ideas, comments or pointers to resources for doing this would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Tom

* Tom Riley, CNE4				CTS Network Services   *
* Network Technician                       Univ. of Alaska Anchorage   *
*     As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.          *