Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:09:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      Daniel Forsgren <forda@ite.mh.se>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN problems in 4.0

I've managed to get my WaveLAN card to work in 4.0-Current RC2
(20000214). When running in ad-hoc mode with a win98 lapop in the other
end, the link works just fine according to wavemanager, so the radio
part seem to be working. But if I assign an IP address to the WaveLAN card
using ifconfig wi0 192.168.0.2 (the win machine is 192.168.0.1) a
series of nasty errors appear:

wi0: device timeout
wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
wi0: xmit failed
wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC

... etc (repeats, and system hangs sporadically)

The same thing happens if I try to connect through a base station (when I
try to get an IP address using dhcpclient the same error messages appear).

Is this problem possible to resolve somehow, without having to
revert to an older version of FBSD and use PAO?

Thanks in advance,

/Daniel F.