Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:50:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        Maciek <dentysta@pc42.lublin.sdi.tpnet.pl>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: percent progress

Actually mv could take a really long time if you move across filesystems
because then it is really doing a cp and then a delete...

It's not really an estimate and someone might have already suggested this
(didn't see the whole thread) but you can always add the "-v" option to
either mv or cp and watch the files go by...

-philip