Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:10:52 -0700
From:      Ben Speirs <igiveup@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP disconnects durring upload

I have had a recent problem with user PPP disconnecting after uploading ~ 3MB
of data.  Any ideas what could cause this?  Any recommended log settings that
might help me find the problem?  I noticed this while ftp-ing a big file.
After several failed attempts, I finally cut it in to two chunks.  I also
noticed a dropped connection while doing a CVSup on my ports & source trees.
Connection and download seem fine & dandy.  I can sponge up data 'till the
cows come home.  I just get derailed when sending it out.  PPP re-dials almost
immediately after the disconnect.  I get a new IP address and all the open
network transactions either timed out or hosed due to the new IP.  Kind of a
pain.

Does this sound like a server side problem?

Thanks in advance. (sorry if this has already been answered.  I did a deja
search and there are a bazillion threads on PPP.  I looked through them until
my eyes glazed over and decided to make a post)
--
-Ben Speirs