Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:20:02 +0200
From:      Oliver Epper <oliver@epper.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.14.3 removable media

Oliver Epper schrieb:
> Hi All!
>
> I'm experiencing some difficutlies with the mentioned version
> of gnome that I've build from the ports collection.
> The problem is that neither gnome-cd, nor totem "see" any
> removable media (cdrom/dvd). [...]
The problem was the missing gtreamer-plugins-cdparanoia.
But that leads me to another question.

The gnome-faq mentions that the kernel needs atapicam loaded.
Is that information outdated for FreeBSD-6.1p5 ? Since I've
been now successfully using a renamed GENERIC kernel, which
doesn't have the line 'device atapicam' neither in its config, nor
in NOTES. I've seen that atapicam is build as a module, though,
but playing works fine without 'kldload atapicam'.
(Or is it loaded automagically ?)

The other question is: How are the official binary-buils configured ?
Can I assume that the config template defaults are used ?
(Which I think could have saved me from my trouble, since libcdio
would have been build without cdparanoia)

The last question:
Since no one answered to my first mail; was it the wrong list ?
Does smth. like this goes into freebsd-questions ?
If so, sorry folks ! That'll never happen again ;)

thx
Oliver Epper