Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:15:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Howard Leadmon <howardl@account.abs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Buffer Problems and hangs in 4.0-CURRENT..

  Hello,

 I am getting the following errors out of FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT trying to
run an IRC server, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or recommended
tunables I should set??

Mar  9 22:32:03 u /usr/ircd/undernet/ircd[154]: Unable to create auth socket for [@163.152.216.46]:No buffer space available
Mar  9 22:32:03 u /usr/ircd/undernet/ircd[154]: Unable to create auth socket for [@208.164.193.201]:No buffer space available
Mar  9 22:33:00 u syslogd: sendto: No buffer space available

 I have actually been fighting a problem with this machine locking up, and
requiring a hard reset, and this is the only type errors I am actually seeing
in the messages file.  Not sure if this can cause such problems, so kind
of grasping at straws to try and correct it.

 FYI, the IRC machine supports 4000+ clients connected at the same time, so
if anyone has recommended tunables for this type of setup with so many
active connections I would love to hear about it..

---
Howard Leadmon - howardl@abs.net - http://www.abs.net
ABSnet Internet Services - Phone: 410-361-8160 - FAX: 410-361-8162