Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:07:27 -0800
From:      "Robert" <drakcap@pacbell.net>
To:        "freeBSD ports" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kdebase 3.5.1_1 - compile problem in 4.11 (now fixed)

Hello -

after trying for a couple of days to upgrade my KDE installation from 3.5 to
the newer 3.5.1, on FreeBSD 4.11 compiled Jan 11, the system kept bumping
its head at "ksmserver/legacy.cpp" within kdebase-3.5.1_1 with something
similar to the following message: "struct timeval tmwait has incomplete
type." This was very similar to KDE bug 18080, going all the way back to the
KDE 2.1 beta in 2001.  That particular bug report, however, gave me the
answer I needed to solve this problem: I got into the "legacy.cpp" file
(full path: /usr/ports/x11/kdebase3/work/kdebase-3.5.1/ksmserver/legacy.cpp)
and added the following to the top of the file: "#include <sys/time.h>".
Restarting the "make install clean" cycle went perfectly from that point
forward, and is still in process as I write this.

I was tempted to file a bug report, but I'm not sure whether this is a KDE
issue or a FreeBSD port issue: filing the bug report with the proper entity
would be the "good thing to do".  In the meantime, I'm posting this here in
case someone else might have problems with this.