Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:33:02 +0000
From:      Gustavo V G C Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        "Yevmenkin, Maksim N, CSCIO" <myevmenkin@att.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is traditional unixes kernel really stable ?

"Yevmenkin, Maksim N, CSCIO" wrote:

> only one :-) performance :-) context switch is a slow operation.
>
> Thanks,
> emax

Excuse me gentleman, who said that ?
Take time to visit this site: http://www.qnx.com/iat/download/index.html

You'll be introduced to a hard-real time OS (with a very modular
design).
The while OS fits in a single floppy with TCP/IP, GUI, web browser, http
server, and again, all that in a single floppy. HOw can it be done?

This OS uses microkernel arch.
Fill their form in order to get a book describing its OS internal arch.

Can some here explain me why such approach is not taken by FreeBSD?

PS: I never seen anything fast and reliable like that.

--
If you're happy, you're successful.