Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:53:05 -0500
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        Martin Schweizer <pcservi@spectraweb.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: After mergemaster no login possible

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 07:01:32AM +0100, Martin Schweizer wrote:
: Hello
: After I done the update from 4.4Stable to 4.5Stable all works fine. But after
: I used mergemaster I can't login as a normal user (only root with empty
: password). I think I pressed a wrong key while mergemaster was runing. What
: can I do now (I've a copy of my old /etc).

You probably overwrote your password files and databases with the newer
versions from 4.5.

Try restoring your password files and databases and then merge in the
changes from the 4.5 versions (stuff like mailnull and smmsp).

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!