Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 1995 20:53:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        pw@snoopy.MV.COM (Paul F. Werkowski)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 4xi CDROM - what now?

Paul F. Werkowski writes:

> Q. How can you recognize a pioneer?
> A. He's one with the arrows sticking out of his a^H but.
>
> 	It may be true that the NEC 4Xi is the first SCSI device to
> 	hit FreeBSD-land that actually returns XS_BUSY status to
> 	the Inquire command. The immediate problem is that this gets
> 	into a code branch in scsi_base.c that looks like this:

As I mentioned to Paul, I found a NEC 4Xi for $299.00 tonight so
I bought it.  I can read the NEC demo disk on an Adaptec 1542C
(can't do much, no Windows).  Is anyone out there using any NEC
CDROM on a 174x without any trouble?  Does anyone know where I can
find the full spec for the NEC command set on the net?  ftp.nec.com
is useless.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936