Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 14:01:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hmmmm... STABLE tree has interesting panic for EISA 2742s...

> >Any ideas on this one?
> >
> >ahc0: brkadrint illegal host access at seqaddr 0x0
>
> What other cards are you running in that system?  It looks like
> some driver is stepping on the Adaptec's address space.  One
> big difference in -stable of recent is that it probes the
> EISA bus before the ISA bus, so a malicious ISA driver could
> be at fault.  Try disabling driver probes and see if it starts
> working.

The following is in that box:

EISA 2742 Twinchannel disk
SMC Elite Ultra
SMC PCI Ethernet
VGA Video (PCI board)

That's it.

There isn't much that COULD be stomping on it.  The kernel config is the
same one I've built and used before.

Are you suggesting that I start turning off devices in the configuration
file?  How does one disable probes?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | 21 Chicagoland POPs, ISDN, 28.8, much more
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
ISDN - Get it here TODAY!    | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!