Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 00:38:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I ask you to respond to Linus

Uh...  Shit.

John, I think this is now bordering on seriously bad publicity and the
LAST thing we need is for core members to get into public slanging
matches with Linus on USENET!

I can only suggest that you stop reading USENET entirely since, from
an external perspective, your antics have become uncomfortably similar
to those of a dog in a cage who's being teased by kids with sticks.  A
frantically barking dog with foam all over himself is not a very
pretty picture, nor does the dog himself enjoy the experience very
much.

I would like to ask that NONE of the people here post aggressive
followups to this thread, and if anything it should have died entirely
at least a week ago.  I do understand John's desire to rebutt unfair
claims or criticism, and it's a desire that I also share, but there
are limits and the limit was passed on this one quite awhile back.
The entirely McVoy thread was a MISTAKE, a tremendous waste of time,
energy and bits and I can only ask that we PLEASE let it die!  Don't
compound the error by flaming Linus in turn and keeping that whole
sorry affair alive for another n weeks.  This WILL blow over if left
to itself, trust me.  I've been reading USENET (and mostly hating it)
since 1978. :-)

I myself will post exactly one message in follow-up to it, and that
will be to suggest that things have gone too far and it's truly time
to end it before we're all even sorrier than we are now.

					Jordan