Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:15:37 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johan_Str=F6m?= <johan@stromnet.se>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7 and multiple IP (mijail-patch in 6.x)

Hello

I got a machine running 6.2 right now, which is being replaced. And =20
since SMP performance is much better on 7.x I'd like to go with 7.0 =20
(and many ppl have indeed verified that it works good on this box, HP =20=

DL360 G5)...
But, now when I start to setup the machine, I recalled that i've =20
patched the 6.2 box with the freebsd mijail patch =
(http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/FreeBSD/FreeBSD_6.2-STABLE-mijail.pa=
tch=20
).
However, I cannot find anywhere about FreeBSD 7 and a similar patch. A =20=

quick look at the patch vs the 7.x source tells me it won't apply =20
cleanly, but from what I've seen quickly, it could maybe be done. The =20=

differences I've seen doesn't look too advanced, but then again, I'm  =20=

not a kernel developer...

So, I'd like to know if anyone considered this on 7.x, or if anyone =20
can tell me immediately that this wont work or will be LOTS of work, =20
or just some patch line adjusting? Ie, how big are the changes from =20
6.x to 7.x in these sections?

Thank you for any answers or pointers.

--
Johan Str=F6m