Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 01:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld fails in /usr/bin/tip . . .

> >> Let me just point (for the umpteenth time) out that there is no reason
> >> to do a "make includes" before "make world" now.  If there is, it is a
> >Not to be a butt head or anything, but I have to disagree, it _is_
> >the solution after I ftp /usr/lib from a just finished make world
> >box and want /usr/include updated to match the /usr/src tarball
> >I just extracted.
>
> In that case, you should merge my fixes for this from -current to
> -stable :-).

I'm waiting on on buildworld that has a src/Makefile -j1.144 -j1.145
to complete before commiting.  [Note you have to hand patch this in,
the cvs update -j won't work due to the fact Jordan backed out my
change in the RELENG_2_2 branch only. :-(]

> `make includes' never actually installed _all_ the
> includes.  It still misses ss/ss_err.h in some cases because of
> a see-no-evil ifdef in libss/Makefile.

Yea, I know, I run into that every time I bootstrap a kerberous
system with ``MAKE_EBONES=yes && make world''.  Keep meaning to
fix it, but I forget about it until the next time :-(.  I'll
go look at it right now and see what I come up with...

> Bruce

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD