Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 01:46:53 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@muc.de>
Cc:        wosch@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Phone number area codes need to be unified.

> Hi wosch@FreeBSD.org, brian@FreeBSD.org
> CC current
>   ( This involves src & 2 (so far) ports, but not cross posted ... )
>
> Ref:
> A	/usr/share/misc/na.phone	<  current/src/share/misc/
> B	/usr/local/share/misc/uk.phone	<  current/ports/misc/uk.phone
> C	/usr/local/share/misc/de.phone	<  current/ports/german/phone
> D	/usr/share/misc/inter.phone	<  current/src/share/misc/
[.....]

I've washed my hands of this... for some reason, it seems about as
sensitive as the ^H/^? debate.

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion though - things should be
in a consistent place and should be of a consistent format.

I believe things should be ports, and shouldn't be in /usr/share/misc
- that was the result of the debate AFAIR.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;