Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:14:25 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Michael Cugley <michael.cugley@virgin.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accessing MSDOS partitions

Michael Cugley wrote:

> I have a recently upgraded 2.2.8-RELEASE machine, with FreeBSD on the
> secondary master disk, a primary master with one Win95 partition (FAT32)
> and a primary slave with 3 Win 95 partitions (FAT32).
>
> I've been able to mount the primary master, and the first partition of the
> primary slave (D:), but I'd like to mount the other two (E: and F:).  I've
> looked in my copy of The Compleet FreeBSD, and the Handbook, but can't seem
> to find out how to do this.  Have I missed something obvious?

Are E: and F: primary partitions or logical drives in an extended
partition? If they are in an extended partition then the numbering
starts at 5, i.e. E: will be wd1s5 and F: wd1s6, else if they are
primary partitions they will be wd1s1 and wd1s2 (change ``wd'' to
``sd'' if it is a SCSI disk).

Note, I'm pretty sure the primary slave will be wd1, unless FreeBSD
numbers both primaries first (but I don't think so) in which case the
primary slave will be wd2.

Also check that all the device nodes exist in /dev.

HTH